Any ideas on how to make the mouse cursor disappear?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Any ideas on how to make the mouse cursor disappear?

Erik Innocent
For my app, I don't want the mouse cursor to be visible. I looked at the Cursor enum and don't see any constants that look like they make the cursor turn "clear". Also I looked at the Mouse class to see if I can position the cursor in the corner of the screen, but I don't see a method that lets me do that. Any ideas on how to make it disappear?

Thanks in advance for your help!
--E

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Any ideas on how to make the mouse cursor disappear?

Erik Innocent
Hi, all! I figured out how to make the mouse cursor disappear. I had to go directly to AWT to do it. I put the answer in a GitHub gist here:


And I got the idea from a StackExchange answer here:


Cheers,
--E



On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Erik Innocent <[hidden email]> wrote:
For my app, I don't want the mouse cursor to be visible. I looked at the Cursor enum and don't see any constants that look like they make the cursor turn "clear". Also I looked at the Mouse class to see if I can position the cursor in the corner of the screen, but I don't see a method that lets me do that. Any ideas on how to make it disappear?

Thanks in advance for your help!
--E


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Any ideas on how to make the mouse cursor disappear?

Sandro Martini
Hi Erik, good that you find the solution :-) ...

If you think it would be interesting even in core Pivot, you could add
a jira issue (marked as improvement) for this, ok ?
For 2.1 (ok), but even for 2.0.4 ?

Thank you.

Bye,
Sandro


2013/9/4 Erik Innocent <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, all! I figured out how to make the mouse cursor disappear. I had to go
> directly to AWT to do it. I put the answer in a GitHub gist here:
>
> https://gist.github.com/einnocent/6431419
>
> And I got the idea from a StackExchange answer here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/1984117/538222
>
> Cheers,
> --E
>
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Erik Innocent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For my app, I don't want the mouse cursor to be visible. I looked at the
>> Cursor enum and don't see any constants that look like they make the cursor
>> turn "clear". Also I looked at the Mouse class to see if I can position the
>> cursor in the corner of the screen, but I don't see a method that lets me do
>> that. Any ideas on how to make it disappear?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>> --E
>>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Any ideas on how to make the mouse cursor disappear?

Erik Innocent


On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 3:09 AM, Sandro Martini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Erik, good that you find the solution :-) ...

If you think it would be interesting even in core Pivot, you could add
a jira issue (marked as improvement) for this, ok ?
For 2.1 (ok), but even for 2.0.4 ?

Thank you.

Bye,
Sandro


2013/9/4 Erik Innocent <[hidden email]>:
> Hi, all! I figured out how to make the mouse cursor disappear. I had to go
> directly to AWT to do it. I put the answer in a GitHub gist here:
>
> https://gist.github.com/einnocent/6431419
>
> And I got the idea from a StackExchange answer here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/1984117/538222
>
> Cheers,
> --E
>
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Erik Innocent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For my app, I don't want the mouse cursor to be visible. I looked at the
>> Cursor enum and don't see any constants that look like they make the cursor
>> turn "clear". Also I looked at the Mouse class to see if I can position the
>> cursor in the corner of the screen, but I don't see a method that lets me do
>> that. Any ideas on how to make it disappear?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!
>> --E
>>
>