Custom Themes

Nick Makes
So I've been playing around with the Color Scheme Builder and installing various *theme.json files at runtime. However, I'm running into an issue with my darker themes.

When I commit to using a dark background, I still see a lot of white space around the app. Mainly where I have labels or link buttons inside simple containers (flow, box, table, etc.). The only time a background color displays as I would expect it to is inside an accordion pane I have installed at the moment.

In my custom json file for the color theme, I have the "themeIsDark: true" setting listed. I'm using v2.0.4 for a Pivot version.

Is there a solution to getting everything inside the window a similar colored background? I would prefer the dark colors, but if that means there will still be places that the white shows then I'll just revert to using the default.

For reference, I'll list the custom colors I'm attempting to use at the moment:
  #e1ffe1
  #1e1e1e
  #878787
  #4b4b4b
  #6aff66
  #6aff66
  #fec578
  #ff666a

Thanks in advance for any assistance you could provide here.

-Nick

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Custom Themes

Sandro Martini
Hi Nick,

> So I've been playing around with the Color Scheme Builder and installing various *theme.json files at runtime.
good

> However, I'm running into an issue with my darker themes.
I well understand ...
With Color Scheme Builder, what you see is it good (for your goal) ?

> In my custom json file for the color theme, I have the "themeIsDark: true" setting listed. I'm using v2.0.4 for a Pivot version.

good.
As a trick, if you have Pivot sources you could even try to update
main TerraTheme_default.json, and run all applications with it without
specifying your custom file (and even to better show how the UI
looks); I this way I use Component Explorer and Kitchen Sink to ensure
that custom colors looks good in more complex combinations of
components.

> Is there a solution to getting everything inside the window a similar colored background?
it depends on components used, and this is a kind of changes I made in
trunk (already committed)
> I would prefer the dark colors, but if that means there will still be places that the white shows then I'll just revert to using the default.

In trunk there are changes even to fix this.
Could you attach here a screenshot, and maybe even a minimal bxml file
so I can take a look ?

If you have some time, could you try even with Pivot-2.1.0 (not
released but code base is stable enough) currently in trunk ?
I made a lot of changes there for improving/fix visual styles (normal
and dark) ...

Tell me if you need more info/help.

Bye,

Re: Custom Themes

Nick Makes
Sandro,

Thanks for the advice with trying it out on the Kitchen Sink demo. After looking at the BXML for that, I noticed everything was wrapped in a Border container that had a background color set...after I mimicked that behavior things have began looking significantly better than before. Thanks!

I will try to send some screenshots of what I saw before and what my BXML looked like. However, I'm guessing what I ran into was more a product of not ever explicitly setting a background color in the hopes a default dark color would take hold. I'm at work and cannot send email from my laptop while here.

Thanks again,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Nick,