Integration of Piccolo2D and Pivot

vinylherz
Hey there,

This was proposed some threads ago, and I was thinking about merging the two (GUI and ZUI).

As far as I can see, both look compatible. A new Skin could be used for the PCamera to draw to, and the Component would handle the events and data.

Yet there is a problem: Piccolo2D seems to use event objects to handle it's interaction; and Pivot does not.

What would be the right way to tackle this problem?

RE: Integration of Piccolo2D and Pivot

Roger Whitcomb-2
Well, I haven't really looked at Piccolo2D, so take my advice with a little grain of salt....

So, Pivot internally is handling the Java AWT events and then making calls to the Pivot listeners.  So, we are (actually) using events, but translating them into the Pivot equivalents.

You might want to look at the source code in ApplicationContext.java and see how Pivot is handling each of the AWT events.

Thank you for your interest in Pivot -- actually this sounds like a very interesting project.  Feel free to keep asking questions on this list ....

~Roger