Need help in changin alert Styles.

phaneendra
hi pivot dev...

i need to customize pivot alert styles. that means present we have the sharp edges for alerts. i want to make it as curved. is it possible to do this, with out making changes to pivot source code? if yes how can i get that?
if No what changes i suppose to do in pivot source code?

RE: Need help in changin alert Styles.

Roger Whitcomb-2
Welcome to Pivot!

I guess the short answer is no, you would have to make changes to the Pivot code itself in order to do this.  Do you have a screenshot you could share (using GIMP or whatever) as to how you would like things to look?  I'm guessing you want to change the shape of the window frame itself for Alerts (make it have rounded corners)?  I actually am not sure where to tell you to look.  Maybe some others have experience with this.  My guess would be you would have to add appropriate properties and painting code in the TerraFrameSkin.java code, and maybe some properties into the TerraAlertSkin.java code as well.

My suggestion would be to create a JIRA issue and add a screenshot there, and see if you can make any progress in changing the Pivot code.  It does sound like a useful enhancement.