Pivot update

Jamal BERRICH
Hi every body,
    The last version off apache pivot 2.04 is dated on May 19, 2014
     So why when don't have a new version off Pivot ?
     I want to start my  new project with a new version and i hope to be the 3.0 version
Best,
Jamal

Re: Pivot update

Roger and Beth Whitcomb
Hi Jamal,

     I think we have enough done to do a 2.0.5 bug-fix release. There
are a few new things and cleanups done to "trunk" so that we might be
able to do a 2.1 release as well, but not that much development has
happened lately.

     Are there things you would like to see done for a "3.0" version?

On 2/18/17 4:50 PM, Jamal BERRICH wrote:
> Hi every body,
>     The last version off apache pivot 2.04 is dated on May 19, 2014
>      So why when don't have a new version off Pivot ?
>      I want to start my  new project with a new version and i hope to
> be the 3.0 version
> Best,
> Jamal

Re: Pivot update

Jamal BERRICH
Hi Roger,
      i have ro integrate a pivot frame in the swing application but i have always a display problem when the swing application xontainer is reseized. we don't have an alternative to repaint methode in pivot :(

Best,

Hi Jamal,

    I think we have enough done to do a 2.0.5 bug-fix release. There are a few new things and cleanups done to "trunk" so that we might be able to do a 2.1 release as well, but not that much development has happened lately.

    Are there things you would like to see done for a "3.0" version?

On 2/18/17 4:50 PM, Jamal BERRICH wrote:
Hi every body,
    The last version off apache pivot 2.04 is dated on May 19, 2014
     So why when don't have a new version off Pivot ?
     I want to start my  new project with a new version and i hope to be the 3.0 version
Best,
Jamal

Re: Pivot update

Jamal BERRICH
Hi Roger,
    I am using in my application an arabic language so, i need set orientation from right to left without changing in the code.
    It's possible with pivot layout ? this solution exist in JavaFX.

Best,
Jamal

Hi Jamal,

    I think we have enough done to do a 2.0.5 bug-fix release. There are a few new things and cleanups done to "trunk" so that we might be able to do a 2.1 release as well, but not that much development has happened lately.

    Are there things you would like to see done for a "3.0" version?

On 2/18/17 4:50 PM, Jamal BERRICH wrote:
Hi every body,
    The last version off apache pivot 2.04 is dated on May 19, 2014
     So why when don't have a new version off Pivot ?
     I want to start my  new project with a new version and i hope to be the 3.0 version
Best,
Jamal

RE: Pivot update

Roger Whitcomb-2

Hi Jamal,

                That capability isn’t there yet, but seems like it would be a reasonable thing to do next.  Also, there is an existing issue to add Input Method Editor support to the text controls.