Remove default toolbar with close/resize buttons

Remove default toolbar with close/resize buttons

anda.nenu
I would like to remove the default toolbar from the top that has the close button, resize button, and the Java icon.

Is there anyway to do this?

Re: Remove default toolbar with close/resize buttons

Roger Whitcomb-2
Hi and welcome to Pivot.

I'm in the middle of some other stuff, but I did a little looking around on Stack Overflow and found this, which might help:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7553146/java-awt-remove-frame-title-bar-and-add-customised-title-bar

Basically you have to get the AWT window that is hosting the Pivot window and then do this stuff to make the native window undecorated.  You can get the java.awt.Window object by calling "getHostWindow()" on your Display object (use "getDisplay()" on any component to get that value).

I will probably have some more time in the next couple of days to look into this, if you still need some help.

I would like to remove the default toolbar from the top that has the close
button, resize button, and the Java icon.

Is there anyway to do this?

Re: Remove default toolbar with close/resize buttons

Roger Whitcomb-2
Oh, but another way to do this is to specify the "--undecorated=true" on the command line of your application.  This will get parsed and passed in the startup properties.  If you look in DesktopApplicationContext and search for "undecorated" you can see how this works during Pivot initialization.