TreeView node with tooltip

weisswurst
Hi!

Me again ;)

I'd like to display a different tooltip for every node in my TreeView.
As I'm already using a custom nodeRenderer I thought of just setting setTooltipText() in my render method.

Well I don't get a tooltip. Are there any examples how to tooltip?

Thx!

Re: TreeView node with tooltip

Greg Brown
Administrator
There is currently no automated way to do this - tooltips can currently only be set at the component level. For now, you can do it by hand - register a mouse listener, set a timer, etc. This might be a good feature to add though, perhaps by allowing the skin to use the toString() method of the renderer.

On Jun 2, 2010, at 8:15 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Me again ;)
>
> I'd like to display a different tooltip for every node in my TreeView.
> As I'm already using a custom nodeRenderer I thought of just setting setTooltipText() in my render method.
>
> Well I don't get a tooltip. Are there any examples how to tooltip?
>
> Thx!

Re: TreeView node with tooltip

Todd Volkert
Yeah, this has been requested before on table views, and I agree it might be a good feature to add.

Just my 2c,
-T

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Greg Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is currently no automated way to do this - tooltips can currently only be set at the component level. For now, you can do it by hand - register a mouse listener, set a timer, etc. This might be a good feature to add though, perhaps by allowing the skin to use the toString() method of the renderer.

On Jun 2, 2010, at 8:15 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Me again ;)
>
> I'd like to display a different tooltip for every node in my TreeView.
> As I'm already using a custom nodeRenderer I thought of just setting setTooltipText() in my render method.
>
> Well I don't get a tooltip. Are there any examples how to tooltip?
>
> Thx!

Re: TreeView node with tooltip

Greg Brown
Administrator
FYI, this is now being tracked in PIVOT-512: