Upcoming 2.0.5 release

Roger Whitcomb-2

Hi all,

                I have pushed out the remaining issues assigned to me for the 2.0.5 version, leaving only the code-signing issue for Sandro.  So, we’d like to start the process of getting 2.0.5 out the door.  There are many bug fixes in this release (including the show-stopper Version parsing bug from Java 8u131…), so it will be good to have this release done.

                I have also been making a ton of changes for 2.1 to support the Input Method Editors (for Far-Eastern language support) for TextInput, TextArea, and TextPane, as well as a lot of internal code improvements, including fixing the Nashorn scripting engine (Java 8) compatibility.  So, this will be a good release as well, but probably not ready for another few months.

Thanks,

Roger Whitcomb

RE: Upcoming 2.0.5 release

Jérôme Serré

Hello Roger,

Thank you for that.

I would like to know if it is planned, on your side, to manage the compatibility to java 9 on the one hand and the non-compatibility with browsers in general on the other hand ?
Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jérôme Serré

RE: Upcoming 2.0.5 release

Jérôme Serré

No, I do not have any specific questions about java 9 and browsers. I just wanted to know what your plans were.

Thank you for all these clarifications, which answer my questions.

Jerome